Handling changes in the bzr-svn conversion logic

David Allouche david at allouche.net
Wed Sep 6 10:31:52 BST 2006

Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 15:54 +0200, David Allouche wrote:
>> For example, a naive representation of copies (as simple file or
>> revision properties) might now allow shallow branches to be
>> upgraded reliably if we decide to represent copies as an
>> inventory-complete DAG in the revision inventory.
> I'm not sure I'm following you here - what do you mean with "shallow
> branches"?

Maybe the right term is "shallow checkouts"?

I mean a branch which intentionally lacks most of the history. For
example, it only has the branch tip in its repository, all the rest are
ghosts.

That is discussed from time to time as future replacement for
lightweight checkouts that has nice properties in terms of "not
downloading everything" while still allowing fast local operations
(status, diff) and commit --local.
--
                                                            -- ddaa