[MERGE] run_bzr_suprocess avoids preexec_fn

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Sep 6 07:30:54 BST 2006

John Arbash Meinel пишет:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> Alexander Belchenko пишет:
>>> Here is result of running selftest on win32 with fresh bzr.dev revno.1982
>>>
>>> Ran 3329 tests in 1727.695s
>>>
>>> FAILED (failures=33, errors=41)

> Attached is a bundle which does 2 things:
>
> 1) adds a function to osutils which handles all of the set/unset logic.
> I've implemented this logic several times, and it seems better to just
> have a helper function. (Plus, the helper function handles unicode strings)
>
> 2) Changes run_bzr_subprocess() to use a try/finally to set and clear
> the environment, rather than using preexec_fn. I think preexec_fn is
> really a much better an cleaner solution, but if it doesn't work on
> win32, then we should avoid using it, rather than special casing the
> code path based on platform.
>
> Alexander: does this get those tests to not fail for you?

Unfortunately your bundle incomplete. I cannot simply merge it into
bzr.dev. After applying your bundle as patch I anyway got the same error
about preexec_fn and tests fails.

> # Bazaar revision bundle v0.8
> #
> # message:
> #   Switch to directly setting the env, and cleaning it up. So that it works on all platforms
> # committer: John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com>
> # date: Tue 2006-09-05 09:11:57.523999929 -0500
> # revision id: john at arbash-meinel.com-20060905135730-d51221405aa03eb2
> # sha1: 7addddec9948693dc2d966d8916cda3efa00575f
> # inventory sha1: 24ab17dbd1f05ee60192e714bd159cb3c6bfc53f
> # parent ids:
> #   john at arbash-meinel.com-20060902150748-720dd94b32896aac
> # properties:
> #   branch-nick: run-subprocess

$ bzr merge run_bzr_subprocess_no_preexec.patch
bzr: ERROR: Revision
{john at arbash-meinel.com-20060902150748-720dd94b32896aac} not present in
inventory.

--