FreeBSD Ports statistics

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Mon Sep 4 00:10:54 BST 2006

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> I would recommend making CvsEntries a lazy loader. So that it knows if
> it has read the CVS/Entries file (and/or listdir() of the directory).
> So that until you actually make a request for a file, it doesn't need to
> read all of those things. But once it has read it, it doesn't need to
> read them over and over again.
>
> I think this patch would do the trick. In my installation, I added some
> debugging timings (would you be interested in the patches?)

Great, thank you John!

Yes, I surely enjoy your patches: tomorrow I will integrate them (btw,
the easiest thing to do would be "darcs record" followed by a "darcs
send", but I'll happily apply your diff and split it into a few patches
by myself.

I'll do that tomorrow, so if you have other stuff, just drop it to me.

Thanks again,
ciao, lele.