selftest failures (install, locale, and baz_import).

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Sep 2 15:22:36 BST 2006

Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting several selftest failures with bzr.dev :
>
> bzrlib.tests.test_setup.TestSetup.test_build_and_install: FAIL
>
> => This is because selftest tries accessing
> /usr/lib/python2.4/config/Makefile which is part of python-dev which
> itself is not installed on my system. This test should be skipped if
> the Makefile is not there.)
>
> bzrlib.tests.blackbox.test_locale.TestLocale.test_log_BOGUS: FAIL
> bzrlib.tests.blackbox.test_locale.TestLocale.test_log_C: FAIL
>
> => If it helps, I have
> $ locale
> LANG=POSIX
> LC_CTYPE=fr_FR
> LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
> LC_TIME="POSIX"
> LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
> LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
> LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
> LC_PAPER="POSIX"
> LC_NAME="POSIX"
> LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
> LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
> LC_ALL=
>
> bzrlib.plugins.bzrtools.baz_import.add_dir: FAIL
> bzrlib.plugins.bzrtools.baz_import.add_file: FAIL
> bzrlib.plugins.bzrtools.baz_import.commit: FAIL
> bzrlib.plugins.bzrtools.baz_import.commit_more_test_revisions: FAIL
> bzrlib.plugins.bzrtools.baz_import.commit_test_revisions: FAIL
> bzrlib.plugins.bzrtools.baz_import.import_version: FAIL
> bzrlib.plugins.bzrtools.baz_import.test_environ: FAIL
> bzrlib.plugins.bzrtools.baz_import.version_ancestry: FAIL
>

> Attached is the full log.

For the locale tests, it seems that python searches in the order:
LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LANG, LANGUAGE.

So to make the test pass, we probably just need to update it, so that it
clears out all of the env variables except for LANG.

Can you test the attached patch, and see if it fixes the problem for
those tests?

For the baz_import tests, do you have pybaz and 'baz' installed? My
initial guess is that you don't, in which case the tests should be
skipped, rather than failing. Though it looks like there is some sort of
setup phase that is failing, which then causes all the other tests to
fail, and they fail at weird times like during cleanup, because a
variable isn't defined.