[RFC] Ignoring versioned directory ignores all child files

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Sep 1 18:43:36 BST 2006

Jan Hudec wrote:

> Yes, the code is still lying around somewhere. The issue back then was
> the desire not to break the compatibility.

We already broke it when we removed the whole lot of them. We even did
it in a way that we can't get 100% compatibility back. (we don't know
when the transition for the user files would have been).

So, I don't think we have to worry so much about it as much anymore.

> The Replacer stuff itself allows tweaking the meaning of globs to hearts
> content, because it is really defined by table of translations to regex.
> I can dig it out, though it will be a bit complicated now since my
> internet link at home is currently out of order.

Well, I have a copy of it at:
http://bzr.arbash-meinel.com/mirrors/bzr/hudec/bzr.ignore/

I can register that into Launchpad if you are having trouble with your
own network access.