HTTP APPEND

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Aug 30 20:28:04 BST 2006

Vincent LADEUIL wrote:

> So I guess the question is: do we trust the lock enough to
> prevent corruption ?

I think what would make sense would be to check the lock when switching
from coping file contents (text knits) to copying inventories.

In terms of code, that would be in bzrlib/fetch.py specifically around
line 136:
                pp.next_phase()
                self._fetch_weave_texts(revs)

-- Check here if the lock is still held
                pp.next_phase()
                self._fetch_inventory_weave(revs)
                pp.next_phase()
                self._fetch_revision_texts(revs)
                self.count_copied += len(revs)

That should limit possible corruption, and still give reasonable
performance, since it is only 1 round trip. And will keep us from
writing inventories that claim things we can't be sure of.