Official Download locations

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Aug 28 22:18:40 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 12:28 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> I saw that Robert made the recent release available from here:
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/releases/src/bzr-0.10rc1.tar.gz
>
> Looking in that directory, it seems to be the release location for the
> old Baz code.
>
> New releases typically show up here:
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/pkg/
>
> Or at least, they have traditionally shown up in those locations.
>
> I think the ../releases/* location actually makes a little bit more
> sense, but I just want to make sure it was a conscious decision, rather
> than an accident.
>
> And if we are moving to that location, it might be good to copy the old
> packages over, so everything can be found in one location, rather than
> all spread out.

It was a conscious decision. I didn't want to break links to the old
releases. I plan to copy all the old releases over, leaving the old
location intact.

The reason for using ../releases/* is that Etienne has offered to do
packages of releases as well as the daily packages hes doing, and having
someone where to put those needs basically the same structure we had
back in the day for baz.

-Rob