[MERGE] RevisionSpec.in_history() should raise nicer errors

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Aug 28 02:43:27 BST 2006

On 25 Aug 2006, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> since 0.11 opens up next week, attached is my updated diff.
>
> It cleans up a lot of places that were directly instantiating a
> RevisionSpec object (which used __new__ to return a child class), and
> instead creates a factory function get_revision_spec(), and deprecates
> directly instantiating a RevisionSpec object.

I'd prefer this were RevisionSpec.from_string(), to make it more clear
that it's a factory method.  I was saying to Robert & Andrew on Friday
that I think 'get' is a weak noun to use in a method name, since it
really just says it returns an object.  Thoughts?

I haven't read the rest in detail yet but it sounds good.

--
Martin