[RFC] Trying to get something better that revno:N:branch to deal with remote revs

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Aug 17 13:19:57 BST 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:05:35PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Vincent LADEUIL, and lo! it spake thus:

> bzr diff --or 3 --ob http://remote/branch --nr 4 --nb http://somewhere/else
>
> bzr diff --or 3 --nr 4 --ob ./branch1 --nb ./branch
>
> bzr diff http://remote/branch http://somewhere/else --old_rev 3 --new_rev 4
> bzr diff  http://remote/branch --old_rev 3 http://somewhere/else --new_rev 4
>
> Does that un-cross your eyes ? :)

Well, those all suffer from the same problem; there's a --or and --ob
that are 'together' logically, but they're separate
representationally.  The advantage of "revno:123:http://foo/bar" is
that it's one thing that's together and together.  I kinda like that
revspec extension, since it's then easy to generalize to other specs,
like revid: and before: and so on.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net