[patch] use correct bzrlib version in performance history

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Aug 16 04:21:32 BST 2006

Martin Pool wrote:
> On 15 Aug 2006, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:
>> Martin Pool wrote:
>>> Jan's patch to record performance history to a file got some +1s before
>>> with comments, so I'm going to review it and send it in.
>>>
>>> I did have one change, which is
>> Shouldn't that be WorkingTree.last_revision?
>
> OK,
>
>  * unify "what revision of bzrlib am i using" between benchmarks, bzr
>    --version, and others
>  * delete old deprecated function which does this
>  * report the working tree version, not the branch version
>  * add a smoke test.  there's also an existing blackbox test for
>    --version

My only concern is having a module named 'version' when that might be a
variable name that you would like to use in __init__.py.
I've seen a lot of packages that have
__version__
version
__version_info__
version_info

Just in case someone wants to grab one of them.

I also thought we had at least discussed deprecating cmd_version, in
favor of just plain 'bzr --version'.