[merge] LazyFactory

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Tue Aug 15 19:37:06 BST 2006

* Aaron Bentley [Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:23:18 -0400]:

> Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > I know I want to look into Aaron's optparse branch and move from
> > EnumOption

(Er, this may came out in the wrong way. Of course, I meant "become
acquainted with the optparse branch, think of a good implementation for
`--foo-option enum` options, and check with Aaron whether he thinks it
can be a good solution, or has already work in progress using some other
way", not anything else. But this second version is way more verbose, so
I'd like to save it up in the future unless really needed.)

> > for --log-format to an option that gets the possible values
> > from a registry. That should solve the "formats registered by plugins
> > don't show in help" problem. And ditto for my commit --template option.

> I've already said that I'm working on something similar.

Hm, I'm sorry but I must have missed that message (I'm afraid I can't
read everything). Would you mind pointing me to it, and/or mention some
of the highlights of your soulution?

> Your solution doesn't seem to address everything that mine does.

Well, "my" solution does not exist, not even in my head. I've just
mentioned a couple times I _believe_ it could be a good one to implement
an Option subclass that would have a Registry as a backend.

I know that having messages CCed at you with an "I think your stuff
would be better done my way" message, over a long period of time may not
be very likeable but hey, it's taking me time to get my stuff merged,
okay? (Mostly because I'm new here and need quite a bit of review.)

> So in its current state, I wouldn't welcome it.

I don't know how advanced your solution is. If I'm too late, well, I
guess that's ok. But it seems like I'll be able to look into this next
time I put my hands on bzr code.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                         Listening to: Leonard Cohen - So long, Marianne