bzr-gtk / gannotate / bzrk

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Aug 15 13:35:10 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 09:55 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 07:47 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> > So
> >  - who is maintaining bzr-gtk?
> >  - are you/they tracking bzrk/gannotate as upstream source, or have all
> > the developers joined forces?
> >  - how do you feel about doing releases like Aaron does of bzrtools -
> > one per major release of bzr (0.9, 0.10), linked somewhere on the wiki
> > so that the distro maintainers can find the tarball?
>
> Ok, Jelmer - sounds like the best way you can help is to:
>  - step up as maintainer of bzrk/gannotate/bzr-gtk;
>  - update the lp products for each of these to reflect how they are
> being maintained - which sounds like currently 'gannotate upstream want
> to give it to someone else - so rolling in bzr-gtk is fine', 'bzrk has
> no upstream - orphan it into bzr-gtk', and 'bzr-gtk is a reasonable
> rallying point'.
Thanks, I've just done so.

> speculation: it would be nice to have 'apt-get install bzrk' still work,
> but its not really structured to support that - if anyone has nice ideas
> to do that, without empty packages which are somewhat ugly, please speak
> up.
I guess we could make bzr-gtk 'Provides: bzrk'. IIRC that'll make
apt-get give you a warning that bzrk is provided by bzr-gtk.

I'd also like to share some more code between bzr-gtk and olive rather
than the current situation where some code is duplicated but I'll
coordinate with Szilvester on that.

Cheers,

Jelmer