sftp problem

Matt McClure mlm at aya.yale.edu
Wed Aug 9 16:01:30 BST 2006

Alex Greif <alex.greif <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I replaced the real IP with <ip>:
> C:\alex\project>bzr branch
> sftp://<ip>/home/agreif/bzrrepos/fotobuchxxl fotobuchxxl-dev
> Connected (version 1.99, client OpenSSH_3.7.1p2)
> bzr: WARNING: Adding ssh-dss host key for <ip>: ...
> bzr: ERROR: exceptions.AttributeError: HostKeys instance has no
> attribute '__setitem__'
>   at bzrlib\transport\sftp.pyc line 763
>   in _paramiko_connect
>
> Any ideas?

I just had this problem.  In my case, the server's IP address had changed.  I
had done bzr operations while it had the old IP address so the host key had been
cached with a different IP address.  When I tried my first bzr sftp operation
after the IP address change, Bazaar/Paramiko -- I'm not sure whose responsiblity
it is -- tried to cache the same host key with a different IP address and failed.

The workaround is to move aside or edit C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\Application Data\bazaar\2.0\ssh_host_keys.

Matt