[MERGE] loosen the constraints on WorkingTree.set_last_revision.

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Aug 8 01:21:47 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 19:07 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Setting last_revision to a ghost we no longer consider it illegal for
> working tree to refer to a revision not present in a branch.  Which
> means it's no longer safe to purge revisions from a repo when they're
> not referenced by the branches it contains.

Huh? That does not follow. If the last revision of a tree *may* be a
ghost has no bearing on the policy for removing data from a repository -
that policy is still (AFAIK) 'only remove data that no *branches* refer
to.

Trivially one can construct a tree with a last revision thats a ghost:
bzr init
bzr commit
bzr checkout --lightweight . ../foo
bzr uncommit
bzr clean-my-repo

voila, the tree ../foo has a last revision thats a ghost.

-Rob