High-profile projects using bzr

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Aug 4 02:07:33 BST 2006

I went to Wikipedia, and found that the information on Bazaar is out of
date. So I'm taking some time to bring it up to date, since we want
people to have a good impression of us.

I was wondering if we have any really high-profile projects using bzr. I
know Drupal is considering it, and obviously Jelmer is working hard to
get it acceptable for Samba.

But 'git' has the Linux kernel, and mercurial has Open Solaris, so who
have we convinced to use us? Launchpad is probably the biggest project,
but since it isn't open-source, people don't realize.

This is something that would be put on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_revision_control_software

So it should be project people are familiar with / already have
Wikipedia entries if possible.

Thanks,

PS> In a couple of days, I'll try to move Bazaar-NG => Bazaar_(scm) or
something like that (Bazaar is obviously taken, and Bazaar_(software) is
Baz-1.x). But you have to wait 4 days after creating an account before
you can rename pages.