[merge] allow 'bzr branch' even if parent is not accessible

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Aug 1 00:12:41 BST 2006

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> After the changes Larstiq and I did, to make .bzr/branch/parent a
> relative path, it is possible to have paths that are not accessible or
> valid from a different access mechanism.
>
> https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+bug/52976
>
> Typically this manifests itself when someone does a local branch to a
> publicly served location. So the relative path is their filesystem, and
> only a portion of this is served by http.

Attached is an updated version of the patch. Now 'branch.get_parent()'
will raise an InaccessibleParent error if it cannot return a full url to
the parent.
And then 'copy_content_into()' handles that exception when appropriate.

I've added tests that all branch implementations do the right thing.

Seeking a +1 to merge this for 0.9.