[RFC] CommitTemplate (was Re: [ANN bzr-vim] syntax and ftplugin for bzr_log.* files)

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Jul 31 15:23:34 BST 2006

On 28 Jul 2006, Adeodato Sim <dato at net.com.org.es> wrote:
> > Bundle attached.
>
> Yay.

When I think of a --template option, I imagine it being not a name of an
internal class, but rather a filename giving the template contents.
This could then be taken from the user's configuration or per-branch
configuration without requiring a particular Python class to be
installed.  There are any number of existing Python syntaxes for
string-with-substitutions.

For the commit template we would need a way to mark which part is the
actual message, though perhaps it's enough to just say it must come at
the top of the template.

We could also consider the requested feature of allowing to edit the
selected file list to choose files to commit, but it need not be done
yet.

>  import bzrlib
>  import bzrlib.config as config
> +import bzrlib.commit_template as c_t