[patch] fixes for test case get_url, make_branch, etc

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Jul 28 02:18:49 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 20:13 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> Currently LocalTransport gives a DeprecationWarning if passed a local
> path, and then converts it to a url to use as self.base.
>
> So the test suite isn't passing a local path anyway.

So get_transport does the normalisation ?

If so, then I suggest, a test with get_transport where we give it only
one possible transport to connect to - a test specific one, where the
exact value of __init__'s parameters are preserved. We check that the
normalisation is correct, and then we can remove the Relpath and Abspath
servers completely - which will make get_url be urls always.

Rob