[bug] commands output inconsistence

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Jul 26 13:02:28 BST 2006

Aaron Bentley пишет:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>
>>Well, is is output should be readable for user? Do you know that stderr
>>is utf-8 encoded but stdout has potentially different encoding? And I
>>cannot read utf-8 messages on my russian windows console with cp866?
>

> If there's a bug in the way we write unicode to stderr, we'll fix it.
> We're not likely to stop using stderr completely.

So, what the answer on my question: is the output of some commands (such
a 'commit') that print their output to stderr should be readable by user
or not?

I found this issue when I prepare bug report about revert on added
directories. And I cannot simply prepare batch file with the set of
commands and redirect output of the execution of this batch file because
some of commands emit output to stderr. But it's a my own sorrow because
of limitations of OS Windows.

--
Alexander