[RFC] intertree-implementations

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Jul 26 05:08:41 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 21:57 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> This is the first cut at InterTree - I've hooked it up to Tree.compare.
> From here I plan to expand the tests until all the parameters are
> present and minimally tested. At that point I intend to deprecate
> compare_trees as the public interface.
>
> I'm sending this in now for comments and feedback..

Heres an update - this changes the api name to be 'Tree.changes_from'
which is IMO clearer - it tells you what the order of the parameters is.

Also attached is my branch to make all the functionality of
compare_trees available as Tree.changes_from(). This builds on the basic
implementation in the first patch. It splits Johns new delta tests into
InterTree tests and WorkingTree tests, depending on whether they depend
on working tree features like 'unknowns' or not, and adds tests for all
the features of compare_trees.

I'm seeking a +1 on both of these now.

Cheers,
Rob