prefetch still broken with readv and paramiko 1.6.1

Robey Pointer robey at
Tue Jul 25 03:20:15 BST 2006

On 24 Jul 2006, at 12:13, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> I don't know what the specific problem is, but if you use prefetch and
> readv with paramiko 1.6.1 it is returning bogus data.

It is probably returning the same data twice, or something even
weirder.  They're not really meant to be used concurrently since they
do basically the same thing, and you'll get no advantage from one if
you're already using the other.

Looks like I have a FIXME for this case, in fact.

Even if it worked, prefetching would destroy any performance you'd
get from readv, so probably not worth it.  readv was basically added
so bzr could avoid prefetching the entire file. :)