[rfc] feature-request: command to see status of checkout

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Jul 21 11:47:16 BST 2006

Now bzr has command 'status' that show status of WorkingTree. I wonder
why there is no similar command for inspecting difference between master
and local branch?

However, there is no separate command to see status of checkout: is
checkout in sync with master branch, or don't have some revisions, or
have extra revisions (after --local commit). I understand that this can
be obtained via 'missing' command, but latter primarily was designed to
comparing two independent branches.

At least 'update' command could have '-n' flag to print this sort of
information. Probably, this command also could print suggestions about
existing methods how to make both branches in sync.

At some point 'bzr info' try to show many information at once, but this
command too heavy over really big repo. And 'bzr info' is really print
too mush info but sometimes it miss some info. Right now 'info' it's a
hobbled monster.

--
Alexander