[MERGE] Cache inventory.knit so we don't download it twice

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Thu Jul 20 01:13:26 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 20:32 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 12:54 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> > Are any of these giant branches public, so that someone like myself
> > could try and track them down locally?
> > Also, what are you using to profile the memory consumption? I think it
> > would be a useful tool to have.
>
> There are bzr copies of the two main Samba branches converted using
> bzr-svn at
> http://people.samba.org/bzr/jelmer/samba/3.0/ and
> http://people.samba.org/bzr/jelmer/samba/4.0/.
>
> The 4.0 one has a little over 9000 revisions, and there's a bit under
> 2000 files in those trees IIRC.

I've been using an earlier copy of the Samba branch, as well as a kernel
tree with no history.

To profile the memory usage I just do a dodgy shell hack:

while true; do ps -eo rss,args | awk '/[b]zr branch/ {print $1}'; sleep
1; done

And then run it through quickplot(.sf.net) or OOO.

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person