plans for 0.9: default ignores

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Jul 12 06:27:31 BST 2006

On 11 Jul 2006, William Dode <wilk-ml at flibuste.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't have any problem to update .bzrignore for my old project, i use
> to look at the status and see imediatly that i need to do it.
>
> But for new project, what is the best way to automaticaly add his own
> .bzrignore on each init ? A plugin ? maybe this plugin could also
> upgrade old .bzrignore ?

I think if we take care of editor backups and similar things with a
global ignore with reasonable defaults then the ignore lists will
largely depend on the particular project, so an automatic setup may have
limited use.

You get into needing to define particular project styles or templates,
which would be good for a plugin but not so good for the core.

I think a plugin would be appropriate.  We should add a post-init hook
that plugins can link into.

--
Martin