[RFC] Ignore lists

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Jul 6 15:45:16 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 15:33 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> On  6 Jul 2006, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> wrote:
>
> > The main issue with adding it to RevisionTree is that it (to me) implies
> > that two revision trees with different ignore list when passed to
> > compare_trees() should generate a non-empty Delta.
> Well, shouldn't they?
>
> For Subversion, for example, there ought to be something in the delta
> that describes the way the svn:ignore properties changed...  If that had
> changed the delta shouldn't be empty...
We could teach RevisionTree and compare_trees about file properties and
then change the 'meta_modified' flag in Delta if any of the properties
changed. However, this makes it hard to compare trees that come from
different repository formats - for example, comparing two indentical
trees from Subversion and Bazaar with the same ignores will still result
in a non-empty delta.

Cheers,

Jelmer