Bazaar Logo

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Jul 5 04:03:13 BST 2006

On  4 Jul 2006, Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> Here is a concept for the Bazaar logo. I've created it in SVG and with
> limited colors so that it can be used in print, web or as an icon.
>
> I've gone with the concept of "merging."
>
> I'm also working on some website concepts. I'm having trouble getting
> them to come out the way I picture them in my mind, which is quite
> common since my mind is not constrained by tools. I expect the graphics
> to be a bit large so will find somewhere to post the images and then
> link to them in the list.
>
> I'll send those after I make a bit more progress on them. Maybe a good
> night's sleep will help.

I also pointed out to Matt the 'branches' icon which a few folks worked
on earlier.  I like that it has some kind of indirect association with
the word 'bazaar' (mediteranean countries, etc).  To me the main problem
with that logo

  http://bazaar-vcs.org/LogoOptions

is that although it looks good in detail, the overall outline looks more
like a pair of eyes or an X.  It seems to particularly get that effect
when scaled down.  If we could perhaps keep the branches but change
their arrangement it might work well.

--
Martin