[PATCH] bzr whoami
robey at lag.net
Fri Jun 30 00:34:30 BST 2006
On 28 Jun 2006, at 23:44, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 28 Jun 2006, Robey Pointer <robey at lag.net> wrote:
>> +class TestWhoami(ExternalBase):
>> + def test_whoami(self):
>> + # this should always identify something, if only
>> "john at localhost"
>> + self.run_bzr("whoami")
>> + self.run_bzr("whoami", "--email")
> You don't make any assertions about the result, other than that the
> command succeeds. Is it intentional?
Yeah, this is from the original blackbox test, and I think John is
right that it's intending just to check that something is returned.
I changed it to explicitly check that both commands return a non-
empty string that contains one '@'.
>> + if bzr_email is not None:
>> + os.environ['BZREMAIL'] = bzr_email
> The save/restore as a matter of form should be in a try/finally block,
> if only to help the reader. (I see this is not your new code but
> fix it while you're there.)
>> class cmd_whoami(Command):
> The docstring should probably give examples of how it can be used
> to set
> the identity.
Okay, I gave that a shot.
> This seems to still print the username when you set it - is that
> best? I'd expect either silence, or a confirmation message.
That makes sense. It now remains silent when setting identity.
> I'm not sure why the decode is necessary - maybe sys.argv is byte
> strings. But should we perhaps decode them at a higher level?
I think I figured this out. Arg decoding happens within main(), so
run_bzr assumes the args are already in unicode. Hack removed.
Instead I have the blackbox tests providing unicode strings as if
they've already been decoded.
> Could you please add a note to NEWS, and please update the user
> documentation to explain that the userid can be set this way.
Okay, I edited NEWS, and a couple of relevant files in doc/
(including the tutorial). I edited the "how to set email" wiki page,
but since the tutorial wiki page seems to be a direct copy of the bzr
source, I only edited the source.
The bundle is pretty big now, so I'm only attaching the diff. The
branch still lives here:
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the bazaar