[RFC] CURRENT_TREE_REVISION ?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Jun 29 05:35:27 BST 2006

On 16/06/2006, at 9:44 PM, Robert Collins wrote:

> I'm thinking of adding a new special revision marker, like null: is
> today, which will be current:.

That sounds useful.  A couple of longer-term concerns -- but not to
stop you doing it now:

We may accumulate more of these special revision ids as we go along;
it seems like it would be nice to have a special reserved space of
reserved IDs rather than testing for them all individually.
Repositories created last month might have a revision called
"current:" or "working:".  One obvious way (not necessarily best)
would be to reserve a particular prefix for virtual revision ids,
e.g. one starting with / or : or some such character.

I'd favour 'working:' over 'current:'.

--
Martin