[BUG] bzr 0.8 add on Unicode filename fails

John Whitley whitley at acm.org
Tue Jun 27 19:54:56 BST 2006

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> This is a bug in cygwin python.

Thanks for the info.  I did some digging; this page may be useful to
folks in my situation:
    http://www.okisoft.co.jp/esc/utf8-cygwin/

The author has modified key cygwin packages (notably cygwin1.dll and
a few others
that don't depend on cygwin1.dll) to use utf-8.  There's also a
sitecustomize.py to beat
python into shape.  I'll give this a try and report back.  If it
seems to go allright, then I'll do a writeup in the wiki for other
Cygwin users who need utf-8 compatibility.

Failing that, then I may just have to use win32 python and create a
zsh wrapper for bzr that automatically maps cygwin paths to win32
paths.  Maybe I can even get the zsh completion engine to do this for
me...

Thanks,