[MERGE] Harmonize branch.conf with locations.conf and bazaar.conf

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Jun 21 21:25:14 BST 2006

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>>> It seems like it would be better to refactor these calls into:
>>>
>>> config = branch.get_config()
>
>>> I didn't see a clear test that makes sure about bazaar.conf vs
>>> branch.conf vs locations.conf
>
> I've added branch.get_config and updated all callers.  I've also
> included a precedence test.  Here are the changes.
>
> Aaron

I like what I see. I saw in bzr.dev that there was a
Branch.tree_config(), which was used in a few places. Did you remove
that in this series of refinements?

Probably it should just be deprecated, and tell people to use get_config()

+precedence_global = 'option = global'
+precedence_branch = 'option = branch'
+precedence_location = """
+[http://]
+recurse = true
+option = recurse
+[http://example.com/specific]
+option = exact
+"""

I like this test. It might be worthwhile to add a test to prove that
'gpg signing command' cannot be overridden by the branch.conf.
Otherwise +1 from me.