[RFC] Multipart support for _urllib_

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Jun 20 15:18:30 BST 2006

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>>> I'm also thinking
>>> we should do something like this for SFTP. We can actually seek on the
>>> SFTP handle, but that requires another round trip.
>
> I think readv could be implemented using pipelining, so it could look
> like normal code on the outside.
>
> Aaron

I'm not sure what you mean by 'normal code' on the outside. readv() is
meant to be the abstraction, the Transport can do whatever it wants to
make it fast.

My point was to have SFTP do the same thing that HTTP is doing. Pull
over any overlapping, nearby, etc ranges. And then return the requested
hunks in the order requested. Rather than reading in hunks in the order
that they were requested, just because we *can* seek on an SFTP handle.