[RFC] bzr help plugin-name

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Jun 19 16:37:39 BST 2006

Robert Collins wrote:
> I think it would be nice if 'bzr help <pluginname>' were to show the
> docstring from the plugin. This would allow plugins that introduce a
> number of commands to have a single place to give conceptual guidance
> and help - one that users can be taught how to predict.
>
> Rob

This goes back into having plugins export a 'canonical' name. Otherwise
I may work like mpe and have 01_shelf, or bzrtools-baz2bzr, or
bzrtools-lifeless, etc.

But I agree, it would be nice to have 'bzr help pluginname'.
Maybe 'bzr help plugins.<pluginname>' to disambiguate for plugins that
export commands of the same name.

Or 'bzr help --plugin <pluginname>' or 'bzr help plugin <pluginname>'

I probably like the last one the most.