0.8.3 bugfix release

Wouter van Heyst larstiq at larstiq.dyndns.org
Sun Jun 18 22:24:19 BST 2006

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 04:09:09PM -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> I do believe that our long-term plans are to get a performance optimized
> version of bzr into dapper, though it might actually be called 0.9.
>
> Also, it might depend what you call bugfixes. Being slow can be seen as
> a bug. :)
>
> Just to give a general picture 0.8rc1 was at revno 1664, 0.8 was 1704,
> 1710 merged the rest of 0.8.x fixes
> And we are now at revno 1791.
>
> I count 9 fixes before revno 1730 that would be worthy of backporting.
> (bzr info, ftp support, push only pushes ancestry, a couple "small
> fixes" from Martin, etc). Not to mention my rather large set of
> unicode/encoding fixes.
>
> I'm not a good one to pick out what is worthy of backporting, versus
> just creating a new release.

So the question is, how much effort do people think it will be to get
bzr.dev into a releasable state? If that is too much, what should go
into 0.8.3?

> The only current regressions I know of are the DeprecationWarning
> because all_revision_ids() is used in lots of places, and that some of
> the Unicode tests fail on Mac.

Right, so 0.8.3 isn't a straight relabeling at this point. Better
encoding support feels like 0.9ish to me, but perhaps users will forgive
that in a point release ;)

Wouter van Heyst