[RFC] Remove support for basis knits?

Johan Rydberg jrydberg at gnu.org
Sat Jun 17 02:35:16 BST 2006

Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> writes:

> Supporting basis knits uglifies our code somewhat, and makes it harder
> to refactor (as I'm doing for log performance).  Therefore,  I propose
> we remove support, until such time as they're actually being used.

+1.

The idea behind basis knits was that if you had to extract a full text
from a remote location, parts of the text (deltas) could be fetched
from a closer source; the basis knit.  Same for join operations.  A
different way to implement --basis, sort of. But this was never
realized.

Feel free to remove it if Robert don't complain.

~j