[RFC] CURRENT_TREE_REVISION ?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Jun 16 12:44:43 BST 2006

I'm thinking of adding a new special revision marker, like null: is
today, which will be current:.

add_revision and get_revision will guard against this being
stored/retrieved.

It will be the revision id for the working tree.

This allows the following things without [much?|any?] special casing:

* bzr log can show the pending merges as being merged into the current
tree.
* bzr annotate can mark lines in the current tree vs lines that come
from a pending merge.

Possibly there are other applications for it.

I'm thinking of an api like 'tree.get_revision()' to get the revision
object that owns a tree. For EmptyTree this is a Revision object
representing 'null:', for WorkingTree this is a Revision object
representing 'current:' with parents matching the parents list of the
tree - i.e. null: for a newly inited tree.

Thoughts ?

Rob