A WebDAV Transport Layer

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Wed Jun 14 07:04:02 BST 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 21:18:55 +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> "Michael Robinson" <fractalgfx at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I was wondering how much interest there is in WebDAV support.  I have
> > started working on a transport class to work with my NoDav project
> > http://www.apeinspace.com/nodav/.  My WebDav client is too immature to be
> > very useful, but if there interested I could probably produce a fully
> > functional transport layer in the near future.
>
> It would be very good to have this. WebDAV is usually the only
> transport method allowing write access able to cross firewall + proxy.
>
> Two collegues of mine would only be able to migrate from baz to bzr if
> this feature gets implemented (I used to require it, but I left the
> company with the proxy ;-) ).

Where I work the proxy does not allow even that, or at least it did not
when I needed it (they installed different software since, so it might
work now). It simply responded with '500 Bad request' to any of the
WebDAV extension request types. So tunelling anything over https or
using a special cgi-based server were the only options.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>