[MERGE] show_log with get_revisions

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Jun 12 17:07:15 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 11:50 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Robert Collins wrote:
>
> > I think branch.lock_read() should always implicitly lock the repository
> > - we can add a new function if we want to not lock the repo -
> > lock_read_branch_only or whatever.
>
> Would this apply to WorkingTree also?  Having lock_write_tree_only would
>  make checkouts from http possible, which I think is a win.
>
> Anyhow, if that's our new policy, I'm happy to revert that part of the code.

Its not new - its locked all the objects since we split the tree/branch
and repos into different objects.

We can assume that a read_locked() object has read_locks or write locks
on all the objects it depends on. A write_locked() object has write
locks on everything it needs.

If we want to we can add an api for locking only the single object - and
I support doing that where it makes sense.

Rob