[win32] selftest of latest bzr.dev with encodings improvements

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Mon Jun 12 13:36:33 BST 2006

Robert Collins пишет:
> On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 14:09 +0300, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>

>>>'command /c del' should work on both platforms no ?
>>
>>No.
>>
>>'command' -- only for Win98
>>'cmd' -- only for WinNT (Win2000/WinXP)
>

> There *is* a command.com on NT platforms too - its part of the
> compatability components.

Yes and probably no.

C:\>command
Microsoft(R) Windows DOS
(C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1990-1999.

As you can see command.com runs as pure DOS with 8.3 limitation for
filenames. Latter could be real stopper for using in our case.

I recently check this fact: using command.com on Windows 2000 does not
solve our problem with test_deleted_commit_message (with 'command /c
del' anyway launched editor rather than deleting temporary file).

--
Alexander