push to a windows ftp server

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Jun 9 21:34:52 BST 2006

Stefan Reichör wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:

> I use the bzr.dev branch now.
>
> The first thing I saw, that I was prompted for the password, although I
> had given it via:
>
> bzr push ftp://user:passwd@xsteve.at/a2

That's not very nice. Though I guess the fact that it is prompting at
all is a little bit better than just failing.

> The following failure happened:
>
> bzr: ERROR: FTP failed for path: /a2/.bzr/branch-lock: could not store: 550 /a2/.bzr/branch-lock: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
>
> The following files exist on the ftp server:
>
> /a2/.bzr
>   -rwxrwxrwx   1 owner    group              27 Jun  9 21:30 branch-format
>   -rwxrwxrwx   1 owner    group               0 Jun  9 21:30 branch-lock
>   -rwxrwxrwx   1 owner    group               0 Jun  9 21:30 branch-lock.tmp.1149881198.692691088.5497.1858962088
>   -rwxrwxrwx   1 owner    group              82 Jun  9 21:30 README
>

> Stefan.

Can you clean up the files on the ftp server and try again? Or is this
after already doing so?

It could also very easily be that ftp is not giving us the proper
exception, and we are thinking we are getting FileExists, when really we
should be getting NoSuchFile.