Looking for debugging help....

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 15:12:33 BST 2006

I ran the same command, and got the same problem.  In ~/.bzr.log you
can find a backtrace of what happened.

what I can see is that it dies in class _KnitComponentFile, def
write_header.  If I run a python debugger there, I can see that in
normal cases this is a local transport

(Pdb) p self._transport
<bzrlib.transport.local.LocalTransport
url=file:///home/bagfors/samba-soc/.bzr/repository/>

But in the case, where it dies, it tries
(Pdb) p self._transport
<bzrlib.transport.http._pycurl.PyCurlTransport
url=http://people.samba.org/bzr/mwong/samba-soc/.bzr/repository/>

So, for some reason it tries to write a knit header to the http path
(I assume).

My very wild guess, is that this is caused by something in the branch
being missing, and bzr trying to correct it.

Very wild guess..

/Erik