[MERGE] add --detritus option to ls

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Jun 8 08:08:52 BST 2006

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This bundle adds --detritus support to bzr ls, so that people can use it
> with xargs, or their tool of choice.
>
> Aaron

As discussed, I think we would prefer '--cruft' to '--detritus'.

Also, I don't really prefer where the change occurred. I'm not sure that
'list_files' should be modified to add new flags. I realize you only
change the output of list_files if the allow_detritus flag is set. I'm
wondering if we wouldn't be better served by having list_files take a
callable, which could then be passed the path of each file it checks,
maybe along with the stat value, and that callable could do whatever
filtering it wanted.

hg uses a callable, but has an additional level that their list_files
equivalent directly notices when files are not present versus the manifest.

We sort of notice, but we do so by removing them from the output, rather
than outputting them with a flag indicating they are missing.