OpenOffice

Urs Lerch urs.lerch at tiscali.ch
Fri Jun 2 20:56:55 BST 2006

Hi there,

Just installed Bazaar-NG and played a little around. It's just what I was
looking for: as small and easy as possible.

For my research project I'll work a lot with OpenOffice and would like to
put the files in a version control system. (Of course I could do the
versioning in OpenOffice itself, but that's only one part of the game.)
Now the problem is that the original files OpenOffice writes are binary
and it would be better to version the unzipped content. I haven't done
tests so far with other possible formats like DocBook and don't know if
they would work for me.

So my general question is: In your opinion, would it make sense to do the
transformation in Bazaar-NG or should it be done outside (in OpenOffice
itself or by a script)?

Thanks,
Urs