[MERGE] add modification dates to diff output, get rid of /dev/null (bug #43033)

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Jun 1 10:46:30 BST 2006

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:

> |>have

> | It has my +1 too. Lets say we need a third +1 to get a
> | majority-of-committers on this? (Given the ui considerations).
> |
> | Aaron ? Martin ?
>
> Technically, it has my +1.  Policy-wise, I'll abstain.
>
> Aaron

I think Aaron and I are both +1 on the code level change. But haven't
decided if we want timestamps in the output. And I've been wanting to
just wait a little bit to see if any discussion comes up.

I'm pretty middle of the road, so if adding timestamps makes it easier
to apply with patch, I guess I'm overall positive on it.

Note that it will probably slightly effect revision bundles. I'm not
positive, but I know we expect to be able to round trip nano-second
precision timestamps. So we have to include the high-precision
somewhere, and then we will also be displaying a low-precision one for
each file.