Intent of TestCommitMerge.test_merge_new_file?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon May 29 12:29:39 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 21:19 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:

> > Interesting.  Given that step 4 of graft is "remove the control
> > directory of bar", that may be a problem.
>
> Well, I won't absolutely insist on revert working, but there does seem
> some risk here that people will lose some of their history.

Perhaps it would be easier to start with the inverse operation of graft,
where you split two trees and their history.

If you define that such that it works on the current working tree +
history, not just on the committed revisions, then you are able to
recreate the original bzr control directory of bar minus only the
optional per-user config stuff like 'parent'.

Rob