[REQUEST] bzr-webserve: ability to branch from webserve plugin's http server

Goffredo Baroncelli kreijack at alice.it
Thu May 25 18:40:06 BST 2006

On Thursday 25 May 2006 09:01, Jan Hudec wrote:

> I'd say no, because this seems to the user that it only serves the branch's
> data, but it still serves all data in the repository. So I'd slightly prefer
> it saying "You can't serve this branch because it uses shared repository.
> You can serve the repository by running bzr webserve from the repo root."

Good point; I think that bzr webserver should support the following syntax:

# for a standalone branch
$ bzr webserve [ <name> [ <branch path>]

or

# for a shared repo + a branch
$ bzr webserve --repo <repopath> <name> <branch-under-repo> \
	[ <name> <branch-under-repo> [...]]

So the user knows which data webserve is able to provide.

Goffredo
--
gpg key@ keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli (ghigo) <kreijack at inwind.it>
Key fingerprint = CE3C 7E01 6782 30A3 5B87  87C0 BB86 505C 6B2A CFF9