Changesets (was Re: [MERGE] improved help text for remerge, merge)

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Fri May 19 10:20:36 BST 2006

Hi Aaron,

Great that you have been working on changesets, this is one feature
that I've really been wanting a long time.

I'm just trying to understand them better.  So, running "bzr cset -r
2", will just give me the changeset for 1..2 as I understand it.  I
would have expected it to give me the changeset of 2..-1.. but that's
ok.

Running "bzr cset -r1..3" or any other range, always gives me an empty
changeset.  That looks strange. I was expecting the changeset from
1..2 and 2..3 in the same output (basically, two changesets together).

"bzr cset ../otherbranch" does behave that way...

The following sequence doesn't work

bzr branch t tt
cd tt
echo hello >> foo.c
bzr ci -m a
echo hello >> foo.c
bzr ci -m b
bzr cset ../t > /tmp/tt
cd ../t
bzr apply-changeset /tmp/testing

The error I get back then is

: [bagfors at zyrgelkwyt]$ ; ~/src/bzr/w-changeset/bzr apply-changeset /tmp/tt
bzr: ERROR: Revision {erik at bagfors.nu-20060519090402-188cf547dd5373c1}
not present in inventory.

I really really would like to have changesets in bzr 0.9 (which I hope
will be released soon, I prefer short release cycles)

/Erik