Tracking Third-Party Sources (Vendor Branches)?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu May 18 14:39:13 BST 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 09:24:02AM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
>Bob Tanner wrote:
>> Since 99% of the files in upstream, my-sid, my-etch are the same, the shared
>> repo stuff looks like what I want, correct?
>
>That's right.
>
>This also gets into the territory of hct, which is a Canonical tool for
>package development built on top of bzr.
>
>https://wiki.launchpad.canonical.com/HCT
>
>I'm not sure what HCT's current status is.  It may be an internal-only tool.

The 1.5, 1.7, and 1.11 suggest that it will be available outside of
Canonical as well :-)

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Here's the social reason that DRM fails: keeping an honest user honest
is like keeping a tall user tall.
     -- Cory Doctorow, Microsoft Research DRM talk