Windows version Auto-Ignores exe files. Why?

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed May 17 13:36:49 BST 2006

Mark wrote:

> Yes, thanks for this information, it helps quite a bit.  Unfortunately
> it also means that bzr is not usable for me right now, as I need to
> store quit a few binaries in revision control and I don't want to take
> the risk that one of them might be missed due to an auto-ignore by bazaar.
>
> Thanks for the information though
> -mark

I'm not sure why I overlooked this, by try doing this:

If you are on windows makes sure this directory exists:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Bazaar\2.0\plugins

(%APPDATA%\Bazaar\2.0)

And then add a file like "lookfor_exe.py"
Which just contains:

import bzrlib
bzrlib.DEFAULT_IGNORE.remove('*.exe')

That should change the default ignore list. (And putting it in that
directory should automatically load it)

If you are on another platform it is ~/.bazaar/plugins