Windows version Auto-Ignores exe files. Why?

Wouter van Heyst larstiq at larstiq.dyndns.org
Fri May 12 18:23:17 BST 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 08:40:59AM -0400, Mark wrote:
> I am looking at bzr on windows and I ran into a bit of a snag.  It would
> appear that it automaticly ignores files matching the pattern *.exe.  Why?
> In my case I have a number of exe files that I WANT to be under revision
> control and while I realize that I can go back and add them manually it just
> seems wrong from a user perspective.
>
> Are these configurable someplace in a configuration file?  I looked at the
> tutorial and the documentation but I don't see any reference to this.  Just
> to the .bzrignore file, which in my case does NOT have *.exe as an ignore
> pattern.

.exe is in the default ignore list since they are usually generated
files that only clutter your bzr status output. You can add any file
that matches an ignore pattern and that will take precedence over the
ignore. Actually being able to edit the default ignores is something
that we want, see the recent thread 'discussing ignore rules'.

I'm afraid that is not yet possible, short from hacking up
bzrlib/__init__.py :/

hth,
Wouter van Heyst