Question on svn2bzr

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri May 12 03:26:28 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 10:22 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 00:10 +0200, Erik Bågfors wrote:
> > I tried to convert a old svn repo to bzr using svn2bzr and found that
> > it behaves strangely in my mind.
> >
> > If I have a svn repo with trunk with 4 revisions, then I run
> > "svn copy trunk branches/b1; cd branches/b1; svn ci -m 'new branch"
> > Then I will in svn see revisions 1-4 in trunk, and 5 in b1, if I then
> > commit to trunk again, I will see revno 6 there.
> >
> > If I convert this into bzr branches, I expect to see
> > 1-4 in both trunk and b1
> > 5 in trunk, that corresponds to revno 6 in svn trunk
> > 5 in b1 that corresponds to revno 5 in svn b1
> >
> > Instead, it looks like I get
> > 1-4 in trunk
> > 5 in trunk, that corresponds to revno 6 in svn trunk
> > 1 in b1 that corresponds to revno 5 in svn b1,
> >
> > Where did 1-4 in b1 go?
> >
> > Has anyone used svn2bzr for real use? Am I expecting the wrong thing?
> Which branch are you using? Is the dumpfile available somewhere? I'll
> try to reproduce.
Strange, I couldn't find your reply to this message in my mail archive,
only on the web.

I could reproduce the problem but haven't yet figured out what is
causing it. It's up at https://launchpad.net/products/svn2bzr/+bug/44312
for now, but I'll have another try at fixing it tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jelmer